There are many factors that make McDermottWard the leading choice to handle your legal concerns, including our:
- AV Rating. Our attorneys are AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for high ethical standards and professional ability.
- Established community ties. Having spent much of their career on the Virginia Peninsula, our attorneys are well established within the community and are active in a number of legal and local organizations, including the Hampton Yacht Club Board of Directors, the Virginia State Bar, the Virginia Peninsula Estate Planning Council, the Virginia Symphony Orchestra, Versability (former ARC), and more.
- Commitment to offering individualized attention. We understand no two legal issues are exactly the same and that a standardized approach to your case isn’t the best approach. Instead, we take great care to provide the individualized, personally tailored service you deserve when facing complex legal issues.
- Trustworthy approach. We are committed to building long-term relationships with clients, always keeping your best interests our priority.
Our attorneys are highly skilled negotiators.
Detailed advice on a wide range of legal issues
Our attorneys possess diverse backgrounds, allowing us to address a variety of complex legal matters, including:
- Bank counsel. We advise banks and other financial institutions on various issues, including transactional concerns.
- Business and corporate law. We provide comprehensive business and corporate representation to fledgling organizations seeking incorporation and established companies executing transactions and contracts.
- Commercial real estate law. We offer guidance during the purchase, sale or transfer of commercial land and buildings in an effort to streamline the process and avoid legal pitfalls.
- Elder law. We provide a wide range of elder law services to protect the legal, healthcare and financial needs of elderly clients and their families.
- Estate planning. Our comprehensive estate planning services include will creation, trust creation and administration, guardianships, and conservatorships.
- Healthcare and behavioral health law. Our attorneys provide experienced advice to healthcare and behavioral healthcare providers.
- Nonprofit law. We aid nonprofit agencies during the process of obtaining tax-exempt status and throughout the life of the organization.
Trust our more than 40 years of combined experience to see you through your legal matters with confidence.